German war locomotive / 52 series
This former German war locomotive of the 52 series, built in 1944 by Berliner Maschinenbau- und Bahnbedarfs AG (MBA; formerly Orenstein & Koppel) in Berlin, had an eventful past. The end of the war found this engine in Czechoslovakia from where it was transported to Russia before long. Following an adjustment of its gauge it was serving in the Ukraine up to 1962. In 1995 a restaurant owner from the Sauerland bought the locomotive, which had meanwhile been reconverted to the Western European gauge and mothballed against the eventuality of a future war, to use it for publicity trips, but then discarded this plan. At least this veteran of the rail has been acquired by the Technik Museum Speyer and restored to the condition as it was when the engine was in service in the former Soviet Union.