Dornier Do 24
The Do 24 was an ocean-going sea rescue- and transport plane. It was designed and constructed by Dornier on behalf of the Dutch Government especially for service in the tropics. The nautical test took place in the North Sea in September of 1937 under difficult conditions. Subsequently the plane went onto the production line and was manufactured under licence by Aviolanda in Papendrecht, Holland. Three Bramo motors with a power of 1000 hp each were used as means of propulsion. The exhibit shown was salvaged in 1991 from Lake Müritz (Mecklenburg) in the former GDR and restored by the Technik Museum. The uniwing with the motors as well as the tail are missing.
Source: The big museumsbook